Welcome to our blog! As an Army family, we are not usually stationed anywhere close to our relatives and often have to leave behind dear friends every time we move. This blog is our way of keeping our family & friends in "the loop". Check back every few weeks to see what is happing in our lives!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fabulous Fall Cookie Recipe

I can't wait to try this recipe from Picky Palate !!! It looks so easy and yummy! Please check out the website for some other fabulous recipes!



Pumpkin Spice Blossoms

1 Spice Cake Mix 18.25 oz
14 oz can Libby’s Pumkin
½ Cup sanding sugar
1 bag Hershey’s Pumpkin Spice Kisses

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer beat the cake mix and pumpkin until well combined, about 45 seconds. With a cookie scoop, scoop dough and roll top half in sanding sugar (dough is sticky) then place onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until cooked through. Quickly transfer to a cooling rack and immediately press kisses into the center of each cookie. I immediately place cooling rack into the fridge for 15 minutes so the kisses don’t melt. I tried both ways and it melts down if just left at room temperature. Enjoy!
About 36 cookies

Update: I have everything I need to make these except the Hershey's Pumpkin Spice Kisses.... apparently living within driving distance of Hershey, PA doesn't mean anything!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow! I definitely must try these!

Anonymous said...

I bought the last 2 bags that Target had for you today!!! Will bring them to church!

Unknown said...

Ok, Connie. Here is the continuing saga of me and these cookies! I bought everything, except the kisses which I couldn't find anywhere(!) so I substituted carmel kisses. Also, I had no idea what sanding sugar was so I used sugar in the raw. Despite these changes, the cookies were excellent! Dale said they are one of his favorite! Thanks for the suggestion!!!!