Welcome to our blog! As an Army family, we are not usually stationed anywhere close to our relatives and often have to leave behind dear friends every time we move. This blog is our way of keeping our family & friends in "the loop". Check back every few weeks to see what is happing in our lives!

Monday, October 20, 2008

Pumpkin Patch


October means many things for me ~ hot apple cider, long walks in the crisp Autumn air, crackling fires, sweaters, watching Sleepy Hollow, roasting pumpkin seeds, and a trip to the pumpkin patch. When I was growing up, our family went to Brown County, Indiana every Fall. We would browse the shops of quaint Nashville and takes hikes in Brown County State Park. If I close my eyes I can flip through a photo album of memories that bring a smile to my face and warm my heart. It is my deepest desire that my own girls have such memories of their childhood.


Saturday we went to Cox Farms with our friends Abram, Terri, Emily & Sarah. The experience was more amusement park than the pumpkin patches of my youth, but we really had a wonderful time and enjoyed the beautiful October weather. We went on the world's longest hayride (very cool!), drank apple cider, went down huge slides, fed some goats, found our way through a corn maze, and milked a cow (just to name a few activities)! Here are some photos of our day:



























































1 comment:

Unknown said...

So cute! Love the pic of the girls and the dads. How sweet :)