Welcome to our blog! As an Army family, we are not usually stationed anywhere close to our relatives and often have to leave behind dear friends every time we move. This blog is our way of keeping our family & friends in "the loop". Check back every few weeks to see what is happing in our lives!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Columbus Day in DC

What better way to celebrate the finding of the New World than by visiting the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History!? I can't really find a link between the two, but that's where we ended up on Monday anyway. The girls loved the dinosaurs (don't we all???) and Madison was fascinated by the Hope Diamond! What do you know... girls do have a gene that makes them attracted to expensive sparkles!

Before we left Michael gave Madison her own digital camera (his "Iraq" camera ~ the one that made it to and from the sandbox and, believe it or not, still works!). She was so excited and couldn't wait to take her very own pictures. She is in photographer heaven and has already been through 4 batteries. Anyway, here are some pictures (both from my camera and Maddie's).



For your amusement, here are some other photos taken by Madison on Monday:

2 comments:

Liz said...

heheheheh I am cracking up at the pic of the back of Mike's head. Too funny!!! You all do so many fun things! Makes me so excited that my kiddos will be able to go on adventures like that.

dkinner7 said...

I love that Madison took a picture of a pile of cookies. She's a girl after my own heart...or should I say stomach! ; }