Welcome to our blog! As an Army family, we are not usually stationed anywhere close to our relatives and often have to leave behind dear friends every time we move. This blog is our way of keeping our family & friends in "the loop". Check back every few weeks to see what is happing in our lives!

Monday, February 23, 2009

For Your Musical Enjoyment...

Madison has always loved music, so I was so excited when she began piano lessons at age 6. I think music and the arts are a very important part of a child's development and education. I am amazed at how quickly she has learned and far she has come in the past 3 years. I'm very proud of her... can you tell? Anyway, since all of our family live in other states and have never been to one of her piano recitals, she decided to let me make a video. So... without further ado, here is Madison:

And because Ella can't be left out of anything:

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job Madison! You played so beautifully! I guess the musical talent really does run in the family!

Ella, keep practicing and you'll be pianist one of these days too!

Cute videos Connie and what a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Dear Madison,
I really enjoyed the video of your piano playing! Super job! When you were here this summer, I don't think you even saw the grand piano in our livingroom. So you will have to come back soon to play it. Tell Ella I said "hi"!
Love, Aunt Nancy

sarahbellum said...

Fantastic, Madison -- beautiful notes! I hope you enjoy playing as long as you are able to move your fingers.

Glad to see that you got an electric piano, Connie. It's the best option for those of us facing inevitable multiple moves. I'm not sure if Maddie knows about this yet, but you can download all kinds of free sheet music online (when Rob's away, that often keeps me up very late since I have to try out all the new music right after I print it).

Zach D said...

Awesome job Madison! If you ever need drum accompaniment just let me know!

Cousin Zach

Unknown said...

Hey Madison,
Can I have a performance when I come to see you in April? You're really a terrific player.