Welcome to our blog! As an Army family, we are not usually stationed anywhere close to our relatives and often have to leave behind dear friends every time we move. This blog is our way of keeping our family & friends in "the loop". Check back every few weeks to see what is happing in our lives!

Friday, November 14, 2008

Connie's Holiday Recommendations ~ Music

Confession: I have been listening to Christmas music since September (you know how I love Autumn, but you haven't even begun to hear my love of Christmas....). The month of December is not nearly long enough to hear all the songs I love so much, so I just start early! Just for fun, I decided to share my love of the season with you by recommending some of my favorites. I would love for you to leave comments about what you recommend, too!!

Connie's Favorite Christmas Music

Casting Crowns ~ Peace On Earth
Simply amazing! I love Casting Crowns and this is my new favorite holiday CD.

Christmas Crooners
Technically, any crooner CD will do as long as it includes Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, Dean Martin, Mel Torme, Irving Berlin, Ella Fitzgerald..... you get the picture.

Jane Monheit ~ The Season
A little sultry Christmas jazz never hurt anyone!
Josh Groban ~ Noel
I do believe this man can sing anything... his voice is hypnotising!


Micheal W. Smith ~ It's A Wonderful Christmas
(Also recommend Christmas and Christmastime)
What can I say? I love Michael W. Smith!!


Johnny Mathis ~ Merry Christmas
This CD reminds me of my childhood!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Some of my faves from childhood: Lawrence Welk Christmas and Oakridge Boys Christmas (check out "Christmas Carol"). Love these a ton and always have to pull them out. Lawrence Welk is what I listen to while making Chrismas cookies

dkinner7 said...

I love listening to Christmas tunes by Michael Buble, Harry Connick Jr., Steven Curtis Chapman...of course an all-time favorite Christmas album is the Star Wars Christmas. Where else could you learn what to get a Wookie for Christmas???

Anonymous said...

For the kids: Try out "Go Fish". This one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAckfn8yiAQ&eurl=http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog&feature=player_embedded) is actually where I found them, which isn't a kids song, but they travel around teaching kids about Christ. Take a look on YouTube for them. Great group!